Use shortwave ultraviolet light to disinfect your water. When you immerse the lamp in the water it disrupts the DNA of bacteria, viruses and protozoa, rendering them harmless. Use the pre-filter to clear particulates and debris before you purify the water.
SteriPen is most effective with, clear water. It reduces microbial contamination in mildly turbid water, but you should consider an alternate purification system any time you expect to encounter muddy or silty water sources.
- Pre-filter fits standard 63mm thread water bottles
- Treatment of .5L takes approximately 45 seconds and 1.0L takes approximately 90 seconds
- Lamp life is approximately 8,000 treatments
- Requires 4 AA alkaline or lithium batteries (not included)
- Manufacturer’s tests with alkaline batteries treated approximately 50L, with lithium or NiMH treated approximately 100L. Colder temperatures will reduce the number of doses per battery charge
- Weight is 110g without batteries