The HotForge Straight Gate Carabiner is a modern take on BD's classic keylock carabiner. Purpose built for the bolt-side of quickdraws, the HotForge is the most durable bolt-side carabiner we’ve ever built, while its straight gate makes clipping bolts nice and easy. Featuring a hot forged construction—allowing them to remove weight where it’s not needed and add material where durability is key—the HotForge has a deeper basket for better clipping, while the hinge-end basket is flatter to ensure the webbing of quickdraws stays put. A larger rope bearing surface adds durability for the carabiner, while the flats on the gate reduce the likelihood of the gate opening accidentally. Finally, they’ve updated and optimized the nose geometry to allow for efficient clipping and unclipping from bolts.
- HotForge Straight Gate Features
- Hot Forged for lighter-weight construction
- Larger rope-bearing surface for added durability
- Nose geometry allows for efficient clipping and unclipping
- Flats on gate reduce likelihood of gate opening accidentally