1. Add one cup of cold water to each package of bread mix and blend to make a stiff dough.
2. Divide the dough into two equal parts and press each into a well greased pre- heated pan (Harvest Vegetable Shortening is handy for this). Spread dough so that it is no more than one inch thick.
3. Cover the pan and cook over a low to medium heat. Lift the bread frequently to avoid burning. The bread is cooked when a utensil can be inserted and withdrawn without the dough sticking.
“Bannock on a Stick”
1. Blend each package of bread mix with 1/2 to 3/4 cup of water – dough should stick together but be fairly dry.
2. Divide the dough into palm sized balls. Elongate each ball to about eight inches by rolling between the hands.
3. Wrap each dough length around a stick and bake over a bed of red hot coals.
4. Turn frequently to bake evenly. I
Versatile and easy to use mix for bread, biscuits, dumplings, breading fish etc., etc. Whole wheat flour, white flour, rolled oats, sugar, wheat bran, baking powder (no alum), salt.